Thursday, September 10, 2015

Day 3 Song of Songs

Song of Songs 2:1-8

vs 8 Listen! My Lover! Look! Here he comes, leaping across the mountains, bounding over hills. - NIV
Look! Listen! There's my lover! Do you see him coming? Vaulting the mountains, leaping the hills. - MSG
Ah, I hear my lover coming! He is leaping over the mountains, bounding over the hills - NLT

Ever notice that when you spend a lot of time with someone you can recognize their sounds. How their footsteps sound, their breathing, coughs, etc. We make noises as we come and go. How we shut the door, our knocks. You know who is walking through the door long before you see them.  She heard her lover coming way before she saw him because she spent time with him. Its also worth noting that He lover did not walk to her, he wasn't strolling across the hills, he was RUNNING at full speed to his beloved. If she recognized his coming it was because he ran to her each and every time he saw her.
What if we could hear Jesus coming before we saw his effects, before we could feel his presence in our lives.  That comes from anticipating him showing up. Listening for him to arrive. Waiting for him. Spending time with him. What I would give for that. Oh and just like the lover Jesus doesn't walk into our lives, HE runs at full speed. He bounds over mountains to get to us. 
Jesus,
Oh how I want this. I want to wait on you, anticipate you, live in your presence. I want to hear you coming long before I see or feel you. Jesus I am requesting and inviting you to spend time with me. Show me how to wait on you and how to anticipate you. Teach me your sounds.
In Jesus' name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment